The Bock Winery is one of Villány’s most distinguished wineries
Our winery produces only quality wines, most of which are sold to Hungarian gastronomic and wine outlets.
Every day, at fixed times, there are guided tours around our cellar, where you can catch a glimpse of th winemaker’s craft: you can also go around the wine processing plant.
Our vineyard estates
Our estates are situated int he south of Hungary, in the Villány wine region. At present we cultivate 80 hectares of our own and another 70 hectares of integrated land. Our estates are in the best locations of the Villány wine region (Ördögárok, Jammertál, Makár, Fekete-hegy, Bocor, Kopár-dűlő), where for the most part red grape types are grown.
The most characteristic types and the wines made from them:
- Fresh, aromatic wines: Cserszegi Fűszeres, Muscat Ottonel, Sauvignon Blanc, Hárslevelű.
- Full-bodied white wines: Olaszrizling, Rajnai Rizling, Chardonnay.
- Rosé wines: Cuvée, PortaGéza, Kékfrankos and Fanni Gyöngyöző Rosé.
- Estate wines: Portugieser (today called PortaGéza), Kékfrankos, Kadarka, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and the cuvees made from them, the Ermitage and Bock’N’Roll.
- Premium wines: selected Kékfrankos, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, and the cuvees born from them: Royal-, Bock-, Libra- and Capella Cuvee.
- At present our cellar’s top wine is our Magnifico, made from 100%Ördögárok merlot.
Between 1996 and 2003 our winery built a modern processing plant which conforms to European Union requirements.
In 2008-2009 further investment took place, in the course of which a larger plant was constructed for the processing and storage of wine (raising our capacity to 2300hl). The technology required – press, crusher, sorting table, fork-lift trucks, pumps – were also further developed.
In the beginning we bottled our wines at the Villány State Farm; then, from 1988, in line with the technology of the day, we continued our work at the Jammertál family cellar. We bought our first production line in 1997, the present one, which bottles, labels and vacuum corks, being purchased in 2009.
Apart from the Rosé Cuvee and Kékfrankos Rosé wines, which are screw-topped, we exclusively use original cork to cork our wines.